Our mission is to provide the University of New Mexico’s research community with professional expertise and quality customer service in the management of external funding . We also strive to provide guidance and support to ensure compliance with UNM policy, state law, federal regulations and agency terms and conditions of funding.
Contract & Grant Accounting (C&G) is under the direction of the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) and the Financial Services Division (FSD). C&G is committed to uphold the University’s research mission by providing support in the administration, management and oversight of sponsored projects.
C&G provides assistance with the following:
- Award and index set up in Banner, UNM’s information system
- Monitor expenditures and ensure compliance through the interpretation of:
- UNM Policy
- State Law
- Agency Terms and Conditions
- Federal Regulations
- Review & Approval of grant-related Chrome River expense reports
- Cash management of sponsored projects, including invoicing and collections
- Prepare and submit all financial and non-technical reports to agencies
- Effort Certification support
- Subrecipient monitoring
- Closeout of award within required agency deadline
C&G’s customer focus involves working closely with the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP), Principal Investigators (PI’s), department administrators, and support staff across Main and Branch campuses to answer questions, resolve issues and provide clarification throughout the life of the award.